1) done and...
2) The List
1. studded belt - 2 points: 2 points [I've got 2 studded belts...but to be fair, 2 points only.]
2. dyed black hair - 2 points: nope [currently no, but I have many times.]
3. thick rimmed glasses - 2 points: nope [glasses...thin rimmed]
4. tight shirts/pants - 2 points each: 14 points
5. gaudy belt buckle - 2 points each: 4 points
6. clothing bought from a thrift store - 2 points: 2 points
7. having hair with bangs longer than the rest - 2 points: nope
8. trucker hats - 2 points: 2 points
9. messenger bag - 3 points: 3 points
10. livejournal/myspace/friendster account - 2 points each: 4 points [what about the dilly?]
11. saucony/new balance/ converse shoes - 2 points per pair: nope
12. carabiner - 2 points: 2 points [it's funny because most people don't know what this is. that alone makes me scene.]
13. X'd up mosh gloves - 10 points: nope [damn.]
14. scarf - 2 points: nope
15. refering to bands as acronyms - 2 points: 2 points
16. vegan diet - 5 points: nope
17. vegetarian diet - for shame, no points: nope
18. food not bombs participation - 5 points: 5 points
19. straight edge - 5 points: nope
20. aspiring photographer - 3 points: 3 points
21. using adj from the late 80's/ early 90's (i.e. rad, gnarly, rockin', etc.) 1 point for each word in vernacular: um...i'll round down to about 30 points
22. pins/buttons 1/2 point each: 40 buttons...20 points
23. plugs/body piercings - 2 points each: 6 points (labret, side lip, eyebrow)
24. vinyl collection - 10 points: nope
25. moldy peaches fan - 10 points: nope
26. liking metal seriously - deduct 5 points: define metal...if you mean classic, hair metal, nope.
27. liking metalcore - 5 points: 5 points. yes.
28. reading books over 300 pages long - 3 points: 3 points
39. riding a bike - 5 points: 5 points
30. participating in "the mosh" - 5 points: 5 points! [i bring the mosh.]
31. tea aficianado - 5 points: ehhh...occasionally. i'll say no for good measure.
32. writing poetry - 5 points: do songs count? 5 points.
33. attended 50 shows or more in a year - 2 points: 2 points.
34. attending hell fest - 5 points: i should be but nope/
35. being in a band - 5 points: 5 points [if it's per band, 15 points]
36. working at an indie record store/health food store - 5 points: nope
37. clapping during midpaced part of a song - 5 points: 5 points
38. having random x's in your screen name - 2 points: nope
3) I think I should be accepted because of my knowledge of the scene, and my uncanny ability to point out (and pick on) mock-scenesters. If I looked great in, and had money for, scene jeans, I'd be set. But I'm a total music nerd, with an ever-growing CD collection of over 300...most of which you'll never hear on radio. I own certain very commercial discs because I felt like it. I go to tons of local shows and am unbelievably well-known. Not to mention I scored a hefty 134 in The List.
courtesy blush - converge - blood brothers - every time i die - thursday - alexisonfire - viking club - modest mouse - refused - dillinger escape plan - thrice - glassjaw - sondre lerche - at the drive in - boys night out - jude the obscure - morrissey - the clash - ...and plenty more.
4) Given props in: toronto_sluts</b> and xequalvisionx
5) 3x the sex, just don't mind the size:
^^^vintage AOF...this was at the Courtesy Blush CD release.
^^^me and my my chemical romance shirt
^^^ that's a Co&Ca hoodie...but the 3-ring logo is set too low to see. that hoodie is WAY too big for me.